Monday, March 29, 2010

Iditarod 2010: 12 days 39 minutes

Hailey is my hero!


I've been back home for a couple of days. I finished the 2010 Iditarod over a week ago. I am ALMOST back to normal, almost. For some reason I thought after a couple nights rest I'd be back in the saddle, running around like normal and ready for anything. Wrong. I've been sleepy for over a week. So I am slowly catching up and am currently working on a summary of my great and wonderful Iditarod adventure. For now, I will just say that I had a great time, not without it's challenges, but I was strong and happy always and the dogs did a fantastic job.

Hailey deserves special mention. She ran in single lead for the last part of the race (from Koyuk to the finish), and was a major leader for the majority of the race. She heald us all together. Thank you Hailey!

Ok, more later, as I will transcribe the summary onto the blog. I hope I can remember things, as it all seems like a fuzzy dream right now.

'til then,

T Rose

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! I hope you and your dogs are getting a much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing! We'll look forward to reading your summary.

    The 7 year old says, "How are you doing? and Good Job Hailey!"

    ReplyDelete